ANSA Annual Conference 2013 - The dilemma of treating anaemia
Fri 19th Apr 2013
Fri 19th Apr 2013
09:30 - 09:55Registration, Exhibition and coffee in the Conservatory
09:55 - 10:00Welcome and overview
Sharon Benton, Anaemia Nurse Specialist, Royal Cornwall Hospital Trust and ANSA President
10:00 - 10:25Compare and Contrast NICE & KDIGO
Professor Iain C Macdougall, Professor of Clinical Nephrology, King�s College Hospital NHS Foundation Trust, London
10:25 - 10:50Practicalities of implementing Guidelines
Professor Sunil Bhandari, Consultant Nephrologist/Honorary Clinical Professor at Hull & East Yorkshire Hospitals NHS Trust
10:50 - 11:15The cost of anaemia management � How will the NHS fund it?
Dr Donal O�Donoghue, Consultant Kidney Doctor, Salford Royal NHS Trust, Professor of Renal Medicine, Manchester University
11:15 - 11:35A Patient�s Pathway through the changing face of anaemia � Expectations to reality
Jonathon Watson, Journalist, patient, St. George�s Hospital, London
11:35 - 12:00Panel discussion
12:00 - 12:30AGM
12:30 - 14:00Lunch and Exhibition
14:00 - 14:40No decision about me without me
Mr. Richard Griffith, Lecturer in Medicines and the Law, Swansea University
14:40 - 15:00Audience discussion
15:00 - 15:10Conference review and awards
Sharon Benton, ANSA President
15:15 - 16:45Three interactive workshops
Miss Ann Heemia � Don�t forget the basics
Presenter: Belinda Dring, Nurse Specialist, NUH NHS Trust
- To gain an understanding of the need for robust and thorough investigation and monitoring to identify and treat anaemia.
- To be able to utilise current guidance (NICE) to manage anaemia in patients with CKD
Miss Tracy Ann Fusion - ESA - Is it always the best option?
Presenter: Marie Chowrimootoo, Anaemia Lead Nurse, Queen Elizabeth Hospital, Birmingham
- To identify the best anaemia pathway for the PATIENT in keeping with guidelines
NICE and normal....but what should be normal?
Presenter: Iain Wittwer, Anaemia Support Nurse, Churchill Hospital, Oxford
- To understand that National Guidance and relevant research should be used whenever possible
- To gain insight into when to recommend treatment options/changes
- To understand the importance of listening to the patient & family�s view, acting upon them, even if current research and national guidelines show that a treatment should be modified
16:45 - 16:45Delegates depart
Trouble with PDFs?
To download the ANSA forms you will require Adobe's PDF Reader. To download it click here.